Dear Mr Khan
You have taught us a lot , inspired us to no extent , and motivated us to give it our all. Your life itself has been a huge inspiration for us. Knowingly and unknowingly, we have tried to emulate your journey, in an attempt to become better people. Today on teachers’ day, we would like to thank you for all the life lessons you have given to us over the years.
These are just some of the brilliant lessons, that we have learnt from you over the years:
1. “Don’t become a philosopher before you become rich”
2. “Do not be afraid to walk alone”
3. “If you live by your fears, everything that can possibly go wrong will go wrong and you won’t even have done the Funky Chicken.
4. “An act of goodness becomes worthless when you assign a brownie point to yourself for it.”
5. “Dear women, don’t leave your day jobs for night husbands.”
6. “Taking your blessings for granted is the most ungracious stupidity.”
7. “Give life the space to move at its own pace.”
8. “If at first you don’t succeed… reload and try again”
9. “With a little embarrassment, you will survive”
10. “Learn to laugh at yourself. If you can manage not to take yourself seriously you will instantly disarm life’s power to beat you down. Its your ticket to stay young and child like forever.”
11. “These are the only years when you’ll be allowed to make regret-free mistakes. Make them because that’s how you will chance upon your dreams.”
12. “Whatever you are doing, do it once. Then do it one more time even more carefully. Be diligent. Don’t just work, outwork yourself and nothing can come in the way of glory.”
13. “Think of every job as your first one so that you have to get it right to impress everyone. At the same time, do it as your last job as if you won’t get it a chance to do it ever again.”
Thank you Mr Khan for making, not only your life an example for us to follow, but also for your actions and words, which inspire us every single day. Thank you for inspiring so many millions of us to be better human beings every single day. Happy Teacher’s Day to you.